Varicocele is a condition that causes the testicles to shrink and is commonly diagnosed in young males in their 20s and 30s. It may end up with fertility problems. In such cases treatment for varicocele is compulsory. Varicocele surgery cost is not the same everywhere. The price of varicocele treatment varies based on several factors. The main variation of the varicocele surgery cost depends on the type of treatment procedure.
However, the cost of varicocele surgery starts from 1 Lakh to 2 Lakhs.
What is a varicocele?
Varicoceles are typically caused by malfunctioning of the valves in veins that supply blood to the testicles. The malfunctioning of valves results in the accumulation of blood in the veins which eventually swell. When there is any obstruction in the veins they may end up in swelling. In other cases, it can also occur when a structure near the vein compresses it.
Usually, varicocele does not cause any health problems. But some people with a varicocele problem might experience pain and discomfort, more often felt in the right testicle. In some cases, it also causes minor to major infertility problems like low sperm count and reduction in sperm quality. Varicoceles can inhibit the testicles’ growth or can even shrink them if the condition occurs during puberty.
To know more about Varicocele, read: Symptoms & Causes Of Varicocele
The cost of varicocele treatment in Hyderabad
Several surgical and non-surgical options are available for the treatment of varicocele. However, Varicocele Embolisation, often performed by an interventional radiologist is becoming more popular these days as the best treatment for varicocele. The average cost of Varicocele Embolisation in Hyderabad starts from 1 Lakh to 2 Lakhs.
The cost of varicocele surgery isn’t fixed, as several factors determine the total cost of the procedure. The following factors may affect the cost.
- Types of varicocele
- The severity of the condition
- Experience of the doctor.
- The type of treatment procedure to be used
- The hospital you choose
- The place you were in
- The anesthesiologist’s fee
- The time of hospitalization post-surgery
- Medications after surgery
Dr. Pradyumna Reddy, Interventional Radiologist and best doctor for varicocele treatment in Hyderabad, says that these are the key factors that play a major role in deciding the total cost of varicocele surgery anywhere.
How to Choose The Best Hospital For Varicocele Surgery?
There are numerous hospitals and clinics in Hyderabad that offer varicocele surgery. However, there are a few things to consider before choosing any hospital for varicocele treatment.
- Experience and skill of the surgeon – the more the experience, the better the outcomes and may have fewer complications
- The surgical procedure used to treat – ensure that your hospital has the advanced technology to handle the procedure.
- Admission charges and procedure of the hospital – enquire about the process of admission and how they charge so that you know whether it is at an affordable price.
- The hospital distance from your home – it would be beneficial if the hospital is nearby for transportation
- The overall cost of the surgical procedure – the total surgery cost of varicocele matters a lot. The cost varies based on the type of treatment. Make sure you ask your doctor about the total cost of the surgery in order to determine if it is affordable for you.
- Check if the hospital offers free services – there are many healthcare providers that offer some services for free or charge less for their patients.
- Health insurance coverage – if you have any health insurance, enquire whether your surgery covers health insurance and the hospital accepts your insurance or not
If any hospital meets all your requirements and offers Varicocele Embolization at an affordable price, consider choosing it. Dr. Pradyumna Reddy is known as one of the leading Interventional Radiologists at Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad offering low-cost varicocele surgery treatment.
Apart from varicocele treatment at an affordable price, he is also an expert in Brain Stroke Treatment, Diabetic Foot Treatment, Liver Cancer Treatment, Prostate Artery Embolisation, Uterine Fibroids Treatment and many more. You can book an appointment or call +91 88865 66445 to have detailed information about the same.