Prostate artery embolization (PAE) is a minimally invasive procedure used to improve the urinary tract signs of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). BPH is the abnormal growth of the prostate gland. As a result, the prostate gland gets pressed against the urethra and the urine flow gets affected. If you have BPH, you may have signs such as:
- Difficulty to begin urination
- Frequent urination at night
- Weak urine stream
- Difficulty to empty the bladder
In some cases, the signs can be very irritating and can even affect your quality of life. PAE is an effective and painless solution to treat the signs of BPH.
Why Do I Need Prostate Artery Embolization Procedure?
If the prostate gland keeps growing to a bigger size, it can obstruct the flow of urine and causes various urinary tract symptoms. You need PAE procedure in the following cases:
- If you have urinary tract signs such as difficulty emptying the bladder, frequent urination, etc.
- If using medications for more than six months does not relieve your signs
- If you have chance of developing prostate cancer
To determine if you are suitable for the procedure, the doctor will conduct imaging tests and will review your medical history.
What is Prostate Artery Embolization and How Is It Performed?
The PAE procedure is performed by an interventional radiologist using imaging tests such as X-rays to view the inside of your body and treat your condition without any surgery. The procedure focuses on blocking the blood supply to the prostate and eventually shrinking it.
During the procedure, a thin catheter is inserted into the groin or wrist. Using imaging tests such as X-rays, the interventional radiologist will guide the catheter into the blood vessels that supply blood to the prostate. Once the catheter is positioned correctly, tiny round microspheres are injected through the catheter into the blood vessels that feed the prostate. This obstructs the blood flow to the prostate and the prostate shrinks due to a lack of nutrients. Now, the catheter will be moved to the other side and the same steps will be repeated.
With this procedure, the prostate eventually shrinks and the signs also reduce. You can get back home on the same day of the procedure.
How Much Does Prostate Artery Embolization Cost in Hyderabad?
The average cost for Prostate Artery Embolization in Hyderabad ranges from Rs. 1,50,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/-. However, the cost varies based on various factors. Some of the factors include:
- The hospital you visit
- The expertise of the interventional radiologist
- Equipment used
- Type of diagnosis and anesthesia used
- The severity of your condition
- Number of sessions needed to treat the signs
- Existing medical conditions such as diabetes, obesity, hypertension, etc.
- The hospital stay required after the procedure
What Benefits Does Prostate Artery Embolization Offer?
The PAE procedure offers the following benefits over surgical procedures:
- Reduced risk of urinary incontinence
- You can discharge on the same day of the procedure
- Faster recovery
- No pain
- No blood loss
- No incisions and no scars
- Minimal to no risk of sexual side effects
- You can resume your daily routine the next day
Planning for Prostate Artery Embolization? Meet Dr Pradyumna Reddy Today
If you are suffering from the signs of BPH for a long time, then you should consider visiting a doctor for a diagnosis. Dr Pradyumna Reddy has been working as an interventional radiologist in Hyderabad for over 6 years. He has treated the urinary tract signs of several patients with PAE procedures without the need for surgery. He offers his services at a very affordable cost to make his services available to everyone. The clinic is well-equipped with advanced tools and equipment to perform different kinds of procedures and treatments. To know the cost of the procedure, call us today. You can also fill out the form on the website and our staff will guide you further.