Based on the type of treatment and many other factors, the average cost of liver cancer treatment in India varies from 1,00,000 to 3,00,000 INR. In other countries like the USA, Australia, Germany, etc., the liver cancer treatment cost is comparatively higher than the price in India. The health packages offered by the top hospitals in India for liver cancer treatment are very economical.
The liver is the largest and important organ in your body, located just beneath the right lung under the right rib cage. Cancer is defined as the condition that occurs due to uncontrolled cell growth within the body. A cancerous cell can form in any part of the body, and it can spread throughout the body.
When cancer starts within the liver due to mutation of liver cells, it is called primary liver cancer or liver cancer. If the cancer developed in some other parts of the body and spread to the liver, it is called secondary liver cancer. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the incidence of liver cancer affects 30 people per 10,000 people around the world. Higher prevalence levels are found in parts of African and Asian countries.
The liver is vital for several reasons and there is no life without the liver.
- The liver absorbs nutrients from the intestine. It metabolizes them and stores them which are used by the body to function.
- When you are injured or cut, you do not bleed too much because of the clotting factors it produces.
- Bile is secreted into the intestinal tract to aid in the digestion and absorption of nutrients, particularly fats.
- It collects the toxic wastes from the blood and excretes them from the body in the form of stool and urine.
The liver is primarily composed of liver cells called hepatocytes. Additionally, it also contains other types of cells that line its blood vessels and bile ducts. These bile ducts carry the bile juice from the liver to the intestines. The liver contains multiple types of cells that can develop into cancerous or benign tumors and they have different causes.
Types of Liver Cancers
Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC): Among adults, this type of primary liver cancer is the most prevalent. This cancer can manifest as a single tumour or a number of smaller tumours scattered throughout the liver. People with cirrhosis (chronic liver disease) are more prone to this type of cancer.
Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer): This type of cancer affects 10%-15% of people with liver cancer. It also spreads to other parts like lymph nodes, lungs, & bone marrow.
Hepatoblastoma: This is a rare type of cancer that develops in children, usually under four years of age.
Other types of cancers include Hepatic Adenoma, Focal Nodular Hyperplasia (FNH) and Hepatic Angiosarcoma and Hemangiosarcoma.
Liver Cancer Treatment Cost
The Cost of Liver Cancer Treatment in Hyderabad is quite affordable compared to other cities in India without compromising on quality of medical care and services. To be more precise, the cost of treatment varies depending on various factors as follows:
- The type of treatment recommended by the doctor
- Seviarity of the condition
- Hospital of choice: location
- Doctor’s experience
- Duration of the hospitalization
- Additional medical tests, if applicable
- Medication costs
Based on the extent of the spread of the cancer and the general health of the liver, the doctor suggests a single treatment or combination of treatments. In determining the types of treatment options that are most effective, the extent and spread of cancer beyond the liver tissue also plays a substantial role. Different types of liver cancer treatment include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)/ Microwave and microembolization
- Embolization and Chemoembolization
- Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE)
- Transarterial Radioembolization (TARE)
- Surgical removal of the cancerous part of the liver
Dr. Pradyumna Reddy, one of the best liver cancer treatment doctors in Hyderabad says that the cost of liver cancer treatment can be estimated only after diagnosing the type of cancer present, the severity of the condition and overall health of the patient. To know more detailed information about liver cancer treatment cost, call +91 88865 66445 and book an appointment with the doctor. One way or the other, liver cancer can be treated.